Google Analytics



I was praying about a picture I was asked to donate the proceeds to some hurricane victims, and the Lord brought to mind this quote from a well known pastor from California.  I had been working on a picture earlier of a woman on her knees praying.  The Lord led me to graphically interface it with a with a whirling graphic, I also had done earlier.  I by nature would not have ever thought to combine these two, but in this context with this quote, it immediately all made sense.


The back story on this quote comes from the pastor when he was a child.  He was with his grandparents and they were heading some where (I'm trying to remember, but it's been several years since I read this story, when I was going through a difficult time in my life as well.).  The child/pastor was afraid of the storm, so the grandparents told him not to be afraid, "Sometimes God calms the storm, more often He allows the storm to rage and calms His child."  So they stood there and just enjoyed the storm for a few moments.  The child/pastor calmed down and never forgot the incident.


How true it is of us...we go through difficult times and immediately become frightful and ask God, "Please get me out of this and don't be slow about it!", in a somewhat demanding spirit.  He smiles at us and decides we need a little more character building and lets the trial persist.  What!  Doesn't He hear me?  Doesn't He love me?  Of course He does, that's why He has chosen to let your situation persist...so we can turn to Him in humility and rely on Him to give us the willingness to surrender to him and let Him be God.  In the meantime, we end up with character that is "more precious than gold..." as Peter says in IPeter 1.  Low and behold, the fear goes away, we look to our heavenly Father, and our hearts are still.  He holds the key to our peace in trials.  Isaiah found this peace..."Thou dost keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusts in Thee."  Rest and watch the Lord be the strong God that He is.


Blessings!
Bill



No comments:

Post a Comment