Google Analytics


Without Him I Can Do nothing
Without Him I Can Do nothing

By Bill Cearbaugh

Digital Art



I was at an artist conference and during one of the meetings the Lord said so clearly, “Bill, apart from Me you can doing nothing!”  Immediately John chapter 15 came to mind, “I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing."  The picture in my mind was a grape vine, which has a main vine that all the grapes gather their nourishment from.  I enjoy using a very large, broad graphic brush to give the picture the highly impressionistic look.

I like this verse in the Amplified version...
 " I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.
    If a person does not dwell in Me, he is thrown out like a [broken-off] branch, and withers; such branches are gathered up and thrown into the fire, and they are burned.
    If you live in Me [abide vitally united to Me] and My words remain in you and continue to live in your hearts, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you."

There is no doubt left when reading this passage in this version that you have to have an intimate relationship with the Lord, or you will not be fruitful.  A relationship that deeply depends on Christ for everything; a vibrant relationship in Christ that longs for Him as a friend and father.  No intimacy, no connection to the vine, no funnel to draw the source of life into your life to make the plant grow to fruition...it will dry up, shrivel up, and become a deserted piece of old wood, with either no fruit on it or skeletons of fruit that were not picked.  Do we choose to spend time with the Lord for the sake of seeing fruit?  Of course not, but rather our motives each morning should be to hunger and thirst for the living God.  A passion like David had... "In the morning You hear my voice, O Lord; in the morning I prepare [a prayer, a sacrifice] for You and watch and wait [for You to speak to my heart]."

I was just contemplating on this idea this morning...such a great and awesome God, yet He loves me so much that He wants time with me.  I put it in these words... "Such a great God...yet His love becomes me."  (Barrowed from listening to Christine Dente lyrics and music)

It's like the milk commercial that's been around for some time.  Got Milk?...instead let's ask, Got Fruit?  If not, get soaking and finding time to enjoy intimacy in the Lord and you will have the fruit you are longing for.  Remember, we can't do anything without Him...He is the source of our strength and power.

Blessings!
Bill

See you on the net!
www.facebook.com/wordimpressions
www.wordimpressions.com
https://www.facebook.com/CreativeArtsEducation
https://www.facebook.com/WildernessCry
https://www.facebook.com/POWERNETFW
https://www.facebook.com/groups/16331026962/ (Christian Business Startups)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BusinessChristianStartupsMarketing/(Christian Business Startups - Marketing)
Twitter - @HisCreativeness 
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=60329377

No comments:

Post a Comment